In conjunction with yesterday’s post, I have put together a vinyasa practice that focuses on finding balance through letting go. Become like water in your body and mind and gain strength through the power of the second chakra. Being fluid in your breath is the foundation that will carry you through this sequence. Linking the movements to each inhalation and exhalation allows us to deepen our practice – physically and mentally. The breath is the key to releasing into each asana and steadying the waves of the mind.
The second chakra, Svadhisthana, is located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, and is related to the element water. In Sanskrit Svadhisthana means “dwelling place of the Self.” It is associated with creativity as well as procreation. It also governs emotional and sensual aspects of our lives. The color for the 2nd chakra is orange. Orange is a very stimulating color because of its vibrational energy.
- Sukhasana (easy pose) – take 5-20 minutes to simply sit, settle the mind and meditate on the essence of water.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward facing dog) – slowly march in place
- Uttanasana (standing forward fold, knees soft) – 3-5 breaths, slowly roll up on inhalation
- Tadasana – hands in Anjali mudra
- Surya Namaskar A – 3/5 rounds
- Surya Namaskar B – 3 rounds
- Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I) – 3 breaths, exhale transition to
- Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II) – 3 breaths, exhale to
- Reverse Warrior – 3 breaths, inhale up, exhale to
- Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle) – 3 breaths, exhale to
- Runners lunge, step back to high plank
- Chaturanga Dandasana (Four Limbed Staff)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (downward facing dog) – 3/5 breaths
- Tadasana (repeat to other side)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Marichyasana (Marichi’s Twist). Repeat other side
- Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose). Repeat other side and transition to all fours
- Thread the needle. Repeat other side
- Utthita Shisonasana (Puppy Pose)
- Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Twist). Repeat other side
- Savasana (Corpse Pose) – meditate on the second chakra.
I hope you enjoy this sequence. Please leave your feedback below!