I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award. This nomination came from a private yoga client, friend & fellow blogger, Bernadette from Haddon Musings. Thank you so much Bernadette for spreading your sunshine my way!
For this award I am required to share 11 random facts about myself and answer the 11 question the nominating blogger created for me. I also need to post 11 questions for the 11 bloggers that I am to nominate. I am to list the names of the 11 bloggers for all to read. It’s all kind of like a modern day chain letter!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- It’s always been difficult for me to do lists like this! I will do my best & write them off as they come to mind.
- I have known my husband since middle school (I had a crush on him when he had no idea who I was).
- Once my husband learned who I was (in high school) he asked me to be his girlfriend (we dated for 3 months & didn’t start dating again until 10 years later)
- My first career was as a ballet dancer. I retired at the old age of 17.
- I still dance everyday, to my son George’s amusement.
- I was first introduced to yoga & meditation at ballet school when I was 15. It was love at first breath.
- I did Pilates around the same time. I thought Pilates was interesting & super challenging!
- I miss taking ballet classes & that’s how I started creating the Balleticise class. An intention I set for 2014 is to take a proper adult ballet class more often.
- I have always enjoyed writing poetry & articles of interest. My dad has a poetry blog & wrote a poem everyday for the 181 days of his sabbatical. He continues to post a new poem every week.
- I became a morning person while I was in yoga teacher training. I love the quiet serenity & sense of possibilities at that time of day.
- I now love to wake up in the morning to the sounds of our son George. I am inspired by his pure joy & curiosity of life.
Bernadette’s Questions for Me
- How do you prefer to read books, paper or electronic? I’m an old fashioned romanticist & prefer paper (although I have been thinking of getting an e-reader so I can read more easily while nursing George)
- What is your favorite food? Mexican. I could eat guacamole & veggie tacos everyday.
- What is your favorite recipe? I am still searching for a favorite recipe. I do make a good vegetarian chili though.
- What is your favorite picture book? “Before I Was Born” by the lovely Bernadette Laganella of course!
- What are you reading right now? Baby Sign Language Basics
- What is your favorite cookbook? I love Ina Garten’s recipe books. They’re attainable & delicious recipes. I also find many recipes on blogs & Pinterest.
- Why did you start writing your blog? I started writing on my site for a creative outlet. I wanted a venue to share my interests & writing.
- What is the best gift you were ever given? My son, George!
- What are you passionate about? I am passionate about being a mom & raising George the best I can. I am also passionate about living a holistic mind-body lifestyle (including yoga, Pilates, cooking) & living a creative life.
- What is your favorite family pastime? Spending time visiting my family in the midwest each summer growing up.
- What are you cooking right now? I am making some pureed yams for George as I type this.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Beth – tasty-yummies.com
- Brittany – brittanyraeyoga.com
- Thais – thaisg.com
- Robin – thebalancedlifeonline.com
- Katie – healthydivaeats.com
- Andrea – fulloflife.ca
- When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite food?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite book?
- What are you reading right now?
- What is your favorite cookbook?
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is the best gift you were ever given?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite family pastime?
- How do you find balance in your life?